Q: There are clinking sounds from the rear left strut, does this mean my strut is broken?

Every time I drive over a bump on the road it sounds like pot n pans clinking by the left back tire. It's pretty loud. Suspension still seems in tact, so I don't know if something is just loose or the actual strut just gave out.

If the strut does not have any pressure in it or it is binding, then it will cause the spring and top mount to make a loud rattling noise. Have a qualified mechanic do a complete check of the suspension and see if the struts need to be replaced or find out if there is some other problem in the vehicle. Also, check the spare tire compartment to see if it is not loose in the trunk causing rattling around with the jack or other items.

• There are clinking sounds from the rear left strut, does this mean my strut is broken?