Q: The wires coming off engine near alternator and belt assembly are burnt

The wires that are located between belts and engine..kind of under the alternator... Are burnt and sticking together. Car is shorting out when running. I need to know what part to buy? Whole harness? If so what is it called?

Without a complete inspection of the vehicle to find out why the wires shorted it would be hard to know the exact part to buy. The harness may be just the alternator harness or the engine harness that goes to the injectors, crankshaft, and camshaft sensors, and other engine area sensors. You should have the vehicle’s electrical wiring inspected and you may even have to have the harness removed to find the short and then see if the harness can be repaired or it has to be replaced. Unless all the wires for a long distance is shorted and melted together, the harness should be able to be fixed. I do not think a vehicle over 10 years old would have a new harness available anywhere and would have to be a junk yard find or get it repaired.

• The wires coming off engine near alternator and belt assembly are burnt