Q: The + & - were switched for just a flash when the battery was jumped.

My van has had a jumper cable reversed for just a moment... Mechanic told me .Cruse controls buttons , speedometer and tack got fried and will have to put in a new motherboard @$1500 to 2500.....: The odometer, oil ,water, and all other warning lights are ok, is there any way it could be fuses? If so where are they located? I don't find them in the main fuse box under the hood or the few under the drivers dash.. he also said because the flap inside the gas filler neck is broken it will keep starting hard every time. The battery is charged and the starter seems fine. It turns over and over before it will start, every time. How does that filler flap guard influence how the motor starts? Thank you for any advise.

My car has an automatic transmission.it is a 1999 Dodge Grand Caravan .

Your owners manual will identify the location of all of the fuse panels on the vehicle. Many vehicles just have two, one under the hood and the other somewhere inside the car whether it is behind the dashboard and sometimes under a seat. If none of the fuses are open or burned, the electrical circuits may be intact. Reversing the battery cables will typically blow the main power fuse. The valve at the very top of the fuel filler neck shouldn’t have much to do with how the engine starts. There is a valve at the top and another near the bottom of the filler near the fuel tank opening and these valves only block the fuel from flowing back up the neck in the even of a vehicle rollover. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out for a closer inspection of the vehicle to offer a second opinion of your electrical concerns.

3. The + & - were switched for just a flash when the battery was jumped.