Q: Metal shavings in the oil

The was no oil on the dip stick not good so i stuck my fingers in the exhaost and there was very dar oil woth the sparkly chaving? What would cause this to happen?

Hello. Any shavings present in engine oil may indicate that some sort of damage or wear has occurred to the internal components. This could be related to the fact that the engine was also low on oil, as oil is what lubricates and prevents the engine from sustaining metal to metal contact. If the oil is low I would top it off to the proper level before driving the vehicle again. I would also check for leaks, and if the engine may be burning oil, to see if you can determine what caused the oil to run low. As it appears that there may be a risk for possible engine damage, if you are unsure, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, visit your location to determine if there is an issue that needs to be addressed.