Q: The vehicle sometimes just dies and is hard to restart.

The motor sometimes just stops and is hard to start up again. Sometimes it stops while idling and sometimes it stops when in motion. Sometimes it will start back up instantly but other times I have to let it sit for 10 minutes or so and sometimes for an hour before it will start. Any suggestions?

This is a common problem on these engines and most commonly caused by the crankshaft sensor in the bell housing. You should be able to have the engine computer scanned to see if you have any codes to diagnose first. After any codes are diagnosed and taken care of, if the problem continues, then have the crankshaft sensor checked when the problem is happening and replace it if you get no signal from it. These sensors will tend to fail when warm or all the time. If you need assistance getting this checked, a technician from YourMechanic can come to the location of your vehicle to diagnose your car’s stalling issue and let you know what needs to be repaired.