Q: the values on my chevy small block engine needs adjusting . will it hurt the engine if i drive it to the garage

I have a 350 chevy engine that has been resent rebuilt with close to 500 hp. one of the values is tapping when running. will it hurt the engine to drive it 5 to 6 miles to a garage or should I have it towed

A: As you may know motors that have been built...

As you may know motors that have been built to produce a lot of horsepower require very specific and fine tuning in order to run correctly and can result in major engine damage if not done carefully. I would not recommend driving or even starting the engine if you have excessive valve noise. Depending on the severity of this, it may result in a valve hitting the top of a piston resulting in potentially catastrophic cylinder head damage. I would recommend having it towed to where it needs to go.