Q: The turn signal is working intermittently

I have a 97 gmc sierra and every now and then I'll go to turn and get nothing the turn signal switch will go down for a left turn and stay there with no dash blinker lighting up, and no lights on the front or rear blinking but after the turn it clicks and flips back up. Is this a switch problem? I'll normally go out for 10 mins and then start working again when I select left or right the arrows on the dash blink slow and constantly when it's working.

A: The combination switch relies on the signal...

The combination switch relies on the signal/flasher relay for power. This relay controls both the signal lights and the hazard lights. The relay itself can be at fault even if the hazard lights are working properly. If the relay is functioning properly, the switch may be at fault. The combination switch can fail in a number of different ways. Sometimes the signals will not flash. Other times it can effect the headlights - low beams not functioning but high beams work. If the relay does not solve the issue, have a certified technician [inspect or replace the turn signal switch