Q: The trunk does not shut.

The trunk does not shut. I am 99% sure it's the latch that needs to be replaced. While researching mitsubishi parts, I see a part labeled "lock: galant with keyless entry," My trunk has a keyless entry. I am wondering if the lock and latch are similar parts and if either one can solve the problem with my trunk not closing. I scheduled an appointment for a trunk latch repair and just wanted to verify if I need to adjust the appointment.

Hello. The component that likely needs to be replaced is the latch, which is the component that mechanically secures the component when the trunk is closed, while the lock is the cylinder and mechanism that locks it, where the key is inserted. If your vehicle has keyless entry then it may use a different latch than one that is not equipped with keyless entry, probably with a mechanism built in that allows it to be opened electronically. If the correct information was received then the technician should have the component required for your specific vehicle without the need for any sort of adjustment.