Q: The truck will not start...

About 3 days ago, my truck started stalling out while I was driving it, at times I could rev the engine and stop it from stalling. It happened 3x that day. Yesterday it stalled out 13x and then stalled out for good. We checked and could hear the fuel pump running, and as we are trying to start it we could smell gas fr flooding it, so we ruled out gas problems so we checked and had no spark. So we worked backwards and changed the plugs, we gapped each one, the wires, the coil pack, the distributor and the rotor and bam it started up :-) then 5 minutes later it died and there is no spark again......Would you have any idea what could it be? Or what's next in the chain to check/change? Anything would be greatly appreciated.....thank you for your time.

Hi there:

You appear to be on the right path. However, before you replace any more parts, you should have a professional mobile mechanic complete a check engine light inspection first; so they can download any hidden error codes that might indicate where your issues exist. This might be a crankshaft position sensor or other ignition system sensor that is faulty; which should show up during a digital scan.