Q: The truck will idle fine for about ten minutes then stall

The truck will start fine. Then it will stall after about ten minutes of running. I just installed a brand-new radiator and changed oil. It's not overheating whatsoever

Hi There, What you are describing sounds like an ignition coil pack that may be failing. If the truck does not start for a period of time after it has stalled, this is a classic sign of an ignition coil failing. Ignition coils are prone to this type of erratic functioning or heat cycling when they are beginning to fail due to the temperature fluctuations under the hood which ultimately cause them to shut down causing the car to only run after cooling down for 30-40 minutes. Ignition coils are coated with a varnish-like insulation that becomes brittle over time after being stretched then contracted repeatedly The insulation develops small fractures that open when heated and close when cooled. When open, they allow shorting of coil windings and decrease or eliminate the coil’s ability to function. This process will repeat itself continuously until the coil ultimately fails completely and must be replaced. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your ignition system.

3. The truck will idle fine for about ten minutes then stall