Q: the truck runs in 4 instead of D

the truck runs in 4 instead of D what can it be done how could i solve it

You will need to have the transmission scanned to see if there is any codes for the overdrive system of the transmission. The transmission control module may need to be reprogrammed. Check the shift linkage cable to see if the cable ends are worn and not going into the gear you select all the way. Replace the cable if needed and scan and diagnose any transmission codes. If code P0741 is in computer memory then have the transmission module reprogrammed.