Q: The truck is A lot louder and smells worse. I'm almost certain it's the exhaust but how do I know if it's the cad converter?

The rumble is a lot deeper and louder, even when idling. The truck still drives fine though

If you had a new car I would say the lights on the front but you are dealing with an older truck. There are a few issues that could happen with your exhaust. If it isn’t backfiring it is not your exhaust manifold. If you can’t find any holes in the exhaust pipe then I would rule it as your catalytic converter. With you saying your truck smells I would check both the catalytic converter and the exhaust manifold to ensure you get the correct issue fixed.

3. The truck is A lot louder and smells worse. I'm almost certain it's the exhaust but how do I know if it's the cad converter?