Q: The truck has problems with lights

The lights on my truck don't work correctly. I had the fuses checked. They work okay. Also, all the back light bulbs have been changed. However, while I'm going in reverse, the left brake light doesn't function. There is also the issue with the left blinker, which works quicker than the right one. How can I fix this?

You may have a shorted wire between your reverse lights and your brake lights. This is a common issue due to the fact that the wires for these two lights are often wrapped together as one wiring harness. If your vehicle has dual filament bulbs (meaning that the turn signal and the brake light are achieved using one bulb), this issue could also be caused by this short of wiring.

I would recommend having a mechanic use a digital multimeter to determine where the shorted wires (if any) would be located. In the event that shorted wires are found, repair with head shrink tubing and a heat gun or replace as necessary to resolve this issue. If you need assistance with this, contact a professional mechanic who can ensure the proper function of your lights.

3. The truck has problems with lights