Q: The transmission temperature light came on, and then the car stopped accelerating when the gas pedal was pushed.

While going about 70mph, the car stopped accelerating when pressing the gas. The transmission temperature light came on, and there was fluid leaking under the car. There also seems to be some sort of oil leak. It looks like there could have been a transmission dipstick at one point and then it broke off. I have only owned this car for a few months, so I'm not entirely sure.

A: Hello there, a few different components can...

Hello there, a few different components can cause the car to fail like this. The most likely cause would be a torque converter failure, transmission failure, or low transmission fluid level. The diagnosis would determine what kind of fluid was leaking on the ground. It could be coolant, transmission fluid, oil, or water. Any broken off components would be a cause for a concern.

If you need assistance with these checks, get some help from a qualified technician who will be able to diagnose your leak firsthand and perform any repairs required.