Q: Traction Control System

About a month now my car has the trac off light on and service with a wrench light on I have no idea why my boyfriend doesn't even know. When I'm driving my car for bit I get a vibration in the break pedal and also can feel it in the gas pedal and steering wheel but it doesn't last very long it will do it for about a minute or two and stop. Could you tell me what is wrong with my car why is the trac off light on with the service light

This suggests you have a problem with your traction control system (Trac system). The traction control system monitors the steering stability of the vehicle and engages when loss of traction has been detected. This is done by the use of electronic sensors that communicate with the Power Train Control Module (PCM) regarding steering performance and stability in adverse weather conditions. The traction control system works by reducing engine speed and determining which wheel to apply brake pressure to in order to prevent the vehicle from sliding. The anti-lock braking system and the traction control system work together to maintain the stability of the vehicle. The computer uses this information received from electronic sensors regarding the rotational speed of each wheel, the horizontal motion of the vehicle, and the vertical motion of the vehicle to determine how to direct the traction control system or the anti-lock braking system to best control the vehicle when needed. When this warning indicator light comes on in the dashboard, this could be an indication of several issues such as faulty wheel speed sensors, a faulty steering angle sensor, a faulty rotational speed sensor or a problem with the steering rack. In some cases, the traction control system may simply need to be reprogrammed. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to properly diagnose your traction control system.

3. Traction Control System