Q: The temperature is always slightly below the 3/4 mark but it doesn't boil

I have a 2002 Nissan X-Trail. I am worried that the temperature is always slightly below the 3/4 mark. No signs of overheating. Cooling doesn't show its boiling. No engine check light.

Hey there, thank you for asking about your 2002 Nissan X-Trail. You could have the computer and cooling system checked to see if your system is really running at a normal temperature. Sometimes the gauge is just an estimate of the average temperature it sees. Checking can confirm the actual engine temperature and temperature the computer displays. Your temperature sensor may just be out of calibration, or you may have an engine that is running hotter than it should. If you would like, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office, diagnose the car’s possible overheating and temperature gauge issue, and make necessary repairs.

3. The temperature is always slightly below the 3/4 mark but it doesn't boil