Q: The steering wheel is not locked but it won't crank up or go into reverse.

The steering wheel is not locked but it won't crank up or go into reverse. My car has an automatic transmission.

Hi, thanks for writing in. This is a common problem and is usually easily fixed by gently wiggling the steering wheel and turning the key at the same time. There is an interlock safety system that is in place which is what causes the steering wheel to lock in conjunction with the key not turning.

3. The steering wheel is not locked but it won't crank up or go into reverse.