Q: The steering wheel is locked. I have tried turning left and right and jiggling the key but nothing happens.

2012 Volkswagen steering wheel is locked. I have tried everything. Turning left and right and jiggling the key. Nothing happens. Any suggestions?

I would recommend attempting this again to see if you can release the ignition. If you cannot release the steering wheel, I would then ask someone who is larger than you, who may have more strength, to try.

If they are unable to get the wheel unlocked, I would recommend having your vehicle inspected by a qualified professional to determine if the ignition lock cylinder has failed. If the lock cylinder has failed, I would recommend having it replaced at your earliest convenience. The new lock cylinder will always come with a new ignition key. Once the lock cylinder has been replaced, the issue you are having should be resolved.

If you need assistance, be sure to have a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect the steering wheel to determine why it is hard to turn.

• The steering wheel is locked. I have tried turning left and right and jiggling the key but nothing happens.