Q: The solenoid on my 1991 grand marquis is smoking

The solenoid is smoking.

3. The solenoid on my 1991 grand marquis is smoking

Q: How to install or replace the shift shaft cable and linkage

The only way to see how to install one is to see if there is a video online or watch a mechanic do the work. The shift cable does not go bad very often on these vehicles. The most common...

Q: Can I have my jump starter plugged in to an outlet as if i was charging, then connect it to a batter and turn it on? Will that cha

If the vehicle battery happens to be more than 5 years (60 months) old, don't bother fooling with it. Buy a new battery and be sure the new battery is fully charged by the store before you install it, otherwise...

Q: My car idles high and bogs down when I hit the gas

Typically a high idle issue is caused by a bad idle control valve or a vacuum leak. When you apply pressure to the throttle and it bogs down, that tends to also be a vacuum issue. Some of the components...