Q: the security system was activated and now only runs up to 50mps.

So i just purchased this vehicle from my mom friend and she told me that the car runs fine which it does but before i bought it her son had it and he activated the security system in the car which now the car will run only up to 50 mph. I need to know what i need to do to get that fix ? And how much would it roughly cost? and is it something I can do to save on labor cost?

There are a couple of possibilities here. Check fuel pressure while driving the car. If fuel pressure is below spec, or drops the closer you get to 50 mph, then your fuel pump may be worn out, fuel pump relay has burned contacts, a possible clogged fuel filter, or clogged injectors. Check the air filter as well for clogging. If all of these components check out, observe if the engine pulls strongly at lower speeds. If not, have the catalytic converter checked for clogging. Clogged catalytic converters are the result of unburned fuel, oil fumes, or high-sulfur content gasoline leaving the engine. I would recommend an inspection from YourMechanic to diagnose this problem, get an accurate assessment of damage, and cost estimate for repairs. YourMechanic can dispatch a mobile, professional mechanic to your location to handle this inspection.

3. the security system was activated and now only runs up to 50mps.