Q: the security system was activated and now only runs up to 50mps.

So i just purchased this vehicle from my mom friend and she told me that the car runs fine which it does but before i bought it her son had it and he activated the security system in the car which now the car will run only up to 50 mph. I need to know what i need to do to get that fix ? And how much would it roughly cost? and is it something I can do to save on labor cost?

3. the security system was activated and now only runs up to 50mps.