Q: The rotors got warped the second time

Hello. My car has 95,000 miles on it. I have had issues with rotors that became warped the second time. I was wondering if I could put rotors from the aftermarket this time. What could cause them to become warped? Thank you in advance.

Rotors become warped from things such as heat. Most of the time, the warpage happens when the rotor is hot from braking, and then you hit water or spray water on them. Going from hot to cold really quick will warp the rotors in an instant.

Using aftermarket parts may save you money on the parts, but you may have the same issues with warpage if they get zapped with cold water when they are hot.

Make sure that whoever puts the new rotors on torques the wheels using a torque wrench, and not an air gun. A lot of times, the rotors get warped from not tightening the wheels with a torque wrench or torque stick.

3. The rotors got warped the second time