Q: The rims become warm

I had both front and rear brake rotors and pads replaced several months ago at the dealership. Now, if I drive for more than 45 minutes, I can notice that the rims become warm. This includes both rear and front ones. Does this usually happen or is it an indication that something is wrong?

Hello. Thanks for writing in about your 2010 Infiniti EX35. It is common for them to become warm as long as they are not extremely hot. If they are hot, then something is hanging up and needs to be adjusted or repaired. If the problem is getting worse, I would take the vehicle back to where you got the repairs and have them double check the work. If you would rather get a second opinion on this, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your brake system and let you know if there are any needed adjustments.

3. The rims become warm