Q: The radio won't come on. The monitor is dead along with the computer.

VW said they ran diagnostics and about all they did was check fuse 47. I only have 27,000 on the car and they gave me an esrmate of 2-3 grand to replace it.

A: They should have removed the radio and chec...

They should have removed the radio and checked each power and ground source. Unfortunately, if the radio is getting power and ground, but still isn’t powering up, then it will need to be completely replaced. VW has had quality problems with the radios they installed from the factory in several of their cars. Based on the late model year and low mileage of your vehicle, you may be able to petition to VW to replace the radio under warranty. This will likely work better if you are the original owner of the vehicle, but it’s worth a shot either way. The high cost of replacement they quoted is mostly due to the high cost of the part, but there is extra labor involved to adapt and sync the radio to all the other modules in the vehicle.