Q: The radio will not respond or turn on, opens up on LCD then immediately crashes, other buttons do not work.

The radio is not wanting to turn on. I have base radio with SYNC, no MTF. Its all software based with LCD screens and while the entirety of my other interface works, any of the radio/audio related buttons do not work except for the on/off volume , and when I go to turn it on the radio screen opens up on the LCD then immediately closes. No other response except it will respond to CD's being put into it and eject them, but will not play.

A: Hello, thanks for writing in about your For...

Hello, thanks for writing in about your Ford Focus. From what you’ve described, the radio control head would need to be scanned with a factory level scanner to see if the unit needs to be sent out for repairs or needs to be replaced. I suggest having the system looked at by a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, to diagnose the issue with your radio and help you make an accurate repair.