Q: The radio and lighter don't work

The electrical system is out. I have no radio, no lighter, but the interior lights and dashboard lights work.

Hi there. This can be caused by a number of things. The most common being a battery that is failing. If the battery voltage is low then these systems will not work. If the battery is fine, then the electrical components would need to be checked. A mechanic would start by checking the fuses for these circuits. If the vehicle was used during a jump start recently, then it may have blown a fuse or two. If the fuses are all intact, then they would need to traced to the circuit to see where the voltage was lost.

3. The radio and lighter don't work