Q: The radio and lighter don't work

The electrical system is out. I have no radio, no lighter, but the interior lights and dashboard lights work.

A: Hi there. This can be caused by a number of...

Hi there. This can be caused by a number of things. The most common being a battery that is failing. If the battery voltage is low then these systems will not work. If the battery is fine, then the electrical components would need to be checked. A mechanic would start by checking the fuses for these circuits. If the vehicle was used during a jump start recently, then it may have blown a fuse or two. If the fuses are all intact, then they would need to traced to the circuit to see where the voltage was lost.