Q: The power train notification is turned on and I had to get my car towed.

The car started moving very slowly and then stopped. And the warning light went on that look like a an Allen wrench and indicated that the there was a problem with the powertrain.

Hello. Thank you for writing in. There are a number of reasons the powertrain warning light would illuminate. This light covers anything related to the engine controls, transmission, and ABS system. The only way to know what exactly is triggering the light is to have the vehicle scanned. This may be done best by the dealership due to the fact they have manufacture specific scan tools. With these newer vehicles, some of the older scan tools will not accurately read all of the codes available. With the age and mileage of the vehicle you may have a warranty as well. These symptoms can be caused by a bad sensor or faulty wiring just to name a couple of issues. A diagnostic code scan is the best way to start the diagnosis process.

• The power train notification is turned on and I had to get my car towed.