Q: The oxygen sensor is poping up after computer was stolen and installed.

Computer, air filter, sparks, and cables were stolen from my car. My mechanic has repaired the issue using parts from a junk yard but the oxygen sensor is popping up. He is telling that it could be due to a damage computer or because the computer that they use is for a 4 entry cable rather than 6. I have no idea what he is talking about. I must add that I am currently living in mexico and the computer that they used is for a mexican car, not american, and also my car is a special edition. I want to get a good explanation from a reliable source. Thanks!

A: I'm very sorry your car had important p...

I'm very sorry your car had important parts stolen. Unfortunately, it sounds like the wrong computer was used to for your car. There is no way to make this computer work properly. The number of sensors and systems that must match the programming is very difficult to match. It is much easier to order the correct computer than to make the wrong computer work. It is likely not possible to use the wrong computer and make everything work correctly.

If the O2 sensor is the only problem, then you are very lucky. If this is the case, I believe you are talking about the number of wires for the O2 sensor. If this is the case, you could simply purchase a four wires sensor in replacement of the six wire or vice versa. It is at least worth a try. Note: There could be other differences that affect the operation of the O2 sensor.

Computers need to be matched to the car by the serial number on the computer. If you don't have that because it was stolen, you will need to order the new one by the VIN number.

Good luck!