Q: The oil light comes on after i turn off engin, or when i have the car on but not the engin running.

The oil light comes on when the car is at rest (the engin not running) but once i. Start the car the light goes off. I checked the level of oil in car and the level of oil is average, and then there is an leak in my driveway.

Hello. The oil light will usually come on when the vehicle ignition powered on, and turn off once the engine is started and oil pressure is created. The oil light is meant to warn you that the oil pressure has dropped low, and is designed to turn off once the correct pressure is reached. If you are finding oil on your driveway then I would carefully examine the engine bay to see if you can determine the source of the leak. A few common places for oil leaks are at the valve cover and oil pan.

• The oil light comes on after i turn off engin, or when i have the car on but not the engin running.