Q: The motor in my 2007 2.2l ecotect chevy colbalt is no good what years of cars motors are interchangeable with

The engine in my 2007 2.2l chevy colbalt is no good already have it out of car. Which makes, models , and years can I use in it besides a 2007 cobalt ?

Hi Daniel. Thanks for writing in today to YourMechanic.com. In years past, swapping out a replacement engine was much easier due to the lack of computer monitored and controlled systems. Now-a-days, replacing an engine is not as flexible. We typically stick to offering repair and maintenance advice for OEM applications, so we can’t recommend using any other engine than one designed for your Cobalt.

3. The motor in my 2007 2.2l ecotect chevy colbalt is no good what years of cars motors are interchangeable with