Q: The Malfunction Illumination Light is on my Dashboard , not sure why?

The Malfunction Illumination Light is on my Dashboard. Just wondering whats the issue and what to do. Its not blinking though. How much roughly it might cost me to fix the issue? Is this a big problem for the car?

Hello, thank you for writing in. A warning light of any kind means the computer has detected an issue. When this happens the vehicle’s computer sets a diagnostic troubleshooting code which can be read with a scan tool. It is with this code that we can find out what system in the vehicle is malfunctioning. It is difficult to say how bad the issue is without scanning the vehicle. If the vehicle is driving normally, then you likely have less to worry about. However you should have this looked at as soon as possible to save you from any potential issues. To have the vehicle scanned see a technician, or have take it to your local automotive parts store.

• The Malfunction Illumination Light is on my Dashboard , not sure why?