Q: The low oil pressure light is not oil but when I turn the key before cranking the words pop up.

The low oil pressure light is not on but when I turn the key before cranking the words pop up. I check the oil it was low I added oil. But there is also the smell of burning oil, i believe there is a leak. What should i do? Save car or look for new one?

The oil pressure light will usually come on when a few things could be happening. Either the motor is in fact low on oil, the oil pump could be failing or not pumping oil sufficiently or the oil pressure sending unit is not working properly and may be producing a faulty reading. If the engine is in fact low on oil, you may notice the temperature gauge reading above normal temperatures as a result of the lack of sufficient oil in the motor. I would recommend checking the actual oil level in the motor by using the dipstick. Be sure the oil level reaches the "full" mark. If this registers as "full" then you likely have a faulty oil pressure sending unit. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle to determine what may be causing your low oil pressure light to come on.

3. The low oil pressure light is not oil but when I turn the key before cranking the words pop up.