Q: The light flash when i put in d4 I have 1705 code

i have a code 1705 and my light flash on d4 and the transmission not go well

A: Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. ...

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. The code 1705 is saying that the gear shift position switch has been shorted. Generally, what happens is the sensor and switch on the transmission shorts out inside and confuses the computer. The computer does not know what gear the transmission is in. Open the hood to the engine compartment and check the transmission where the shift sensor (transmission range sensor) is located at. Take the harness off and check the switch pins and harness pins for any debris or corrosion. I recommend replacing the transmission range sensor and rechecking the system for any light. If you need any assistance replacing the sensor or need help with a diagnosis, then have a certified technician inspect the warning light in person and move forward with the proper repairs.