Q: The key won't turn the ignition

The key will not turn the ignition. It's not the steering wheel lock

Hi there:

Sometimes the issue you’re describing is caused by damage to the ignition lock cylinder. Inside the lock cylinder are a series of tumblers where the key is inserted. If any of these components are damaged, out of alignment or clogged with excessive dust or debris, it can cause the key to not turn forward. You might want to have a professional mechanic complete an ignition key does not turn inspection to determine exactly what’s causing this problem you’re experiencing and recommend the right repairs.