Q: The instrument cluster doesn't display tire pressure. It displays dashes for the four tires

Why is the instrument cluster is not displaying tire pressures? It display dashes instead. How do I fix this?

Hi, thanks for writing in. It’s possible that your tire pressure monitoring system either has a bad sensor that is triggering an error code in your vehicle’s computer or there is a problem with the relay that sends data to your ECM. There are a few things that can be done to rectify this situation. First is to have a mechanic complete a diagnostic scan to see if any error codes exist; to pinpoint the source of any component damage or issues. The second it to reset the TPMS system, which also require a diagnostic scanner in most cases. Contact one of our local mechanics or review your vehicle service manual for instructions on how to complete this on your own if it’s an option on your Equinox.

3. The instrument cluster doesn't display tire pressure. It displays dashes for the four tires