Q: The ignition button pressed all way through

When I was starting the car the other day, I accidentally pressed the start button way too much. I'm still able to start the car and turn it off. However, I was thinking about replacing it. I don't want to risk it and one day be unable to start it up. If I were to replace it, would I need to replace the whole ignition button or the cap only?

A: Hello. Thanks for writing in about your 201...

Hello. Thanks for writing in about your 2010 Jaguar XF. If you think that it needs a new button, then the entire ignition electronic switch needs to be replaced as an assembly. If you are not having any trouble with it, then it should be fine as it is hard to damage one of these switches. If you think you need to replace it, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your car's location to perform this repair.