Q: The hose that connects the radiator broke apart

the connector hose from the radiator came out, i pushed back in , and i drove around to see if the car would heat up, and it didn't. do i need to change the entire radiator? What do i have to do?

Hi there. I’m not 100% certain which hose you are referring to as there are several. Was it one of the smaller hoses near the radiator cap? If it was the small one that connects near the radiator cap, then the filler neck is a serviceable (replacement available) part. If it was the small hose that connects to a plastic tee on the radiator main hose, then the hose assembly must be replaced. If it is one of the main, larger hoses, then the radiator needs to be replaced. I strongly suggest having a qualified technician to perform an inspection before any additional damage occurs and to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. YourMechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a coolant leak inspection if you need further help.

3. The hose that connects the radiator broke apart