Q: the horn will not work airbag light on

the horn will not work when the steering wheel is pushed. it will work when the van is locked by remote or panic button is pushed. the airbag light came on at the same time. this all happened after a tire blow out and repair. do not know if relevant

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in. It sounds...

Hi there, thanks for writing in.

It sounds like you have a failed contact reel, also called a clockspring. The clockspring allows electrical connections to pass through the steering wheel while still allowing the steering wheel to turn. When these fail, you lose continuity in the horn circuit, anything else on the steering wheel, and of course, the airbag. Have the airbag light scanned to confirm my suspicion, but that’s the likely failure point.