Q: The high beams won't work, and when I try to turn them on, all my other lights dim bright and the motor bogs down a little

The high beams won't work, and when I try to turn them on, all my other lights dim bright and the motor bogs down a little. And if the lights switch, they cut completely off and I have to hit the switch 4-5 times to get low beams to return.

Hi, thanks for writing in. The power for the headlights run through the switch on this truck (vs using relays to get full 12v to the bulbs. So the switch, or its connector plug has probably failed and must be replaced. Check the fuses for both headlights and running light circuits. A pinched or shorted rear tail light wire or socket is easy to do with heavy loads or trailering. Installing one of the relay solutions is also a sound investment, if only for safety reasons. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect your lights for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

3. The high beams won't work, and when I try to turn them on, all my other lights dim bright and the motor bogs down a little