Q: The engine will not start.

New battery installed 2 weeks ago, normal daily driver. Got in this morning and it did not start. No lights, no clicks, nothing. Dead. Why will it not start?

Hi there:

It’s possible that your battery cables are corroded, the ignition relay is damaged, or that a component within the battery’s charging system is faulty that caused the battery to prematurely drain. In most cases, this issue is caused by the battery cables or the terminal connections being loose. Check those first, and if it doesn’t solve the problem, contact one of our mobile mechanics to arrive to your location and complete a car is hard to start inspection.