Q: The engine light came on

My engine light recently came on and the car runs fine. I have recently purchased this car and then the engine light came on, the only "problems" I have experienced were it taking a extra second to start up one time and on one time on startup was very slightly bumpy when first accelerating, but then fine on other accelerating from stops. I would like to know what I could be, I am worried that it could be something expensive to repair because I recently purchased the car and don't know it all too well.

Hi, thanks for writing in. The hard start may happen after refueling due to a problem with the purge control valve leaking when it should be closed. If the code is for an emission leak detected then this valve that is on drivers side of the intake near firewall should be replaced and codes documented and cleared. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this check engine light for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.