Q: the engine cuts off while driving down the road, its very hard to start back after it dies. what could be wrong?

While driving down the road the engine cuts off, its very hard to start back after it dies. Weve replaced the tps sensor. What could be going on with it?

Hi there. An engine that shuts off while driving is commonly caused by a failure of the fuel pump, fuel filters, fuel-to-air mixture sensors, vacuum leaks, and other sensor issues just to name a few.

Before you start to chase around looking for individual parts and pieces to replace, it’s always best to get the advice of a certified mechanic that lives in your area who can road test your car and diagnose the vehicle’s stalling issue on site.

3. the engine cuts off while driving down the road, its very hard to start back after it dies. what could be wrong?