Q: The electric fan on the a/c condenser is shot.

The ac condenser electric fan is shot on my durango. I have the replacement part, but I am having a heck of a time getting the condenser/fan assembly out. I removed the radiator/condenser hold down bracket, and the drivers side fender bolt holding the fan assembly in. There is nothing visibly holding it in place now and it moves a good bit, but I cant seem to get it to come out. Is there some trick to get it out? Do I have to unbolt the radiator and scoot it over a bit to get it to clear?

Once you remove the A/C lines from the condenser, and remove all those retaining bolts, yes you simply have to gently push back on the radiator to make clearance to remove the condenser and fan assembly. Make sure when you’re putting everything back together, that you place the a/c system under a vacuum for at least 30 minutes. This will ensure all the air is removed, so the system won’t be contaminated with air upon starting it. If you have any problems charging the a/c once the car is back together, you can have a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, perform the a/c service for you.