Q: the ECM keep losing its memory every time I go for a safety inspection

If I go for a safety and emission inspection the monitors will not communicate with the computer and will not let it go through

i am working on this

Is the battery being disconnected to prevent a check engine light from showing up before the inspection is being done? In this case, the vehicle will never pass because the monitors have to be able to run to pick up any failures in the vehicles emissions control systems. If the disconnection is unintentional, check the battery cable terminals that are connected at the battery posts. If these connections seem loose or broken, this may be your problem. Often, inexperienced mechanics will tighten these clamps too tight and stretch the terminals causing a poor connection. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and take a closer look to offer a more personal diagnosis. I am not familiar with a service that offers mobile state inspections, but many mechanics are aware of the checks done during state inspections and can look over the vehicle and plug in to the computer to make sure you are inspection ready.

• the ECM keep losing its memory every time I go for a safety inspection