Q: The driver side front door on my 2012 Chevy 2500 HD will not open from either the interior or exterior door handle.

I cannot open my driver side front door using either the exterior or interior door handle. I suspect I need to replace the latching mechanism. The problem is, I can't get the door open to look at or do anything. I started removing the interior door panel, but I cannot get it all the way off with the door closed. Any suggestions on how to get my door open?

Unfortunately in this case the only way to fix this issue most of the time as to go ahead and break the door panel so that you can get access to the inside of the door and get it open. Without the door being able to open the only way to manually open it other than the door handle is to get access to the inside of the door. Removing the door panel is the only way to do this. Unfortunately breaking the door panel may be the only option in this particular case.

3. The driver side front door on my 2012 Chevy 2500 HD will not open from either the interior or exterior door handle.