Q: The difference between gas sufficient tire and smooth ride tire

When it comes to tires, does it really make a difference when I ask you if you want a gas sufficient tire or a smooth ride tire?

A: Yes, it really does. Because tires affect h...

Yes, it really does. Because tires affect how your car rides, they are one of the main shock absorbers. They actually absorb more shock than your shock absorbers. Every time you bump the tire, they really act as shock absorbers, too. And it really does make a difference.

I’d go for a smooth tire ride myself. Ride around the car, the tiny amount of extra gas mileage that you are going to get doesn’t mean all that much. Or if it’s on motorcycles, I’d go speed riding because I can go fast. I’d want a tire that’s got a lot of traction, that can take speed and doesn’t blow up on me. When you have only two wheels you’re riding on, believe me, you don’t want your tire blowing up. I had that happen and it’s not any fun.