Q: The coil ignition is bad. And were waiting to see if it is covered. Can i still drive my husband to work for a few days

Our coil ignition is bad. We can't get it fixed right now is it safe to still drive it

Hi, thanks for writing in. It would be best not to drive the vehicle any more than you have to. A misfire in a cylinder may foul out any spark plug that has a bad coil. Other than that, you should not harm anything driving it for short periods, but I would advise you get this fixed as soon as possible.

If later you are looking for a mechanic to help you replace your ignition coil, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to perform the replacement for you.

• The coil ignition is bad. And were waiting to see if it is covered. Can i still drive my husband to work for a few days