Q: The code p0753 is not clearing after i replaced the solenoid. Could it be the engine wiring harness

The code po753 doesnt clear after i have replaced the shift solenoid. I have unpluged battery and used the code reader to clear it. I drove it around my subdivision and it didnt come back on. When i left the subdivision to take it 30 mph and up the code instantly came back on. I also have an intermittant code of 1765. I was talking to transmission shop and they mentioned engine wiring harness. How difficult is it to do and how does it take? Just want to know if thats my problem or not

Hi there. Two things that you should know. First, most error codes are triggered by a failure of the electrical harness; and not the sensor itself. Second, replacing the electrical harness is rather simple as long as you have clear access to the connections on both sides. One thing to consider is the code reader you’re using to clear the code. Most "readers" will download primary fault codes and clear some of them; however a professional code scanner is often used to download secondary trouble codes and is better suited to delete them. You might want to have a professional mechanic complete check engine light inspection to verify that the codes are reset and deleted from your Ram.

3. The code p0753 is not clearing after i replaced the solenoid. Could it be the engine wiring harness