Q: The Check Fuel Cap light is on.

Recently my check fuel cap light has come on and I have stopped a couple times and tightened it like normal until I heard it click a few times. It seems fine, might just be a sensor or it possibly really is loose and I need to replace it. Any way to tell? Thank you

In order to find out what is causing the leak to be detected the fuel vapor system and cap will need to be smoke tested to see where the leak is. The most common is the seal on the fuel cap leaks. You can try and replace the cap first and then if the signal keeps coming on then have the smoke test done.