Q: The check engine light blinks.

The check engine light blinks when I start up in the morning and when I try to Rev it doesn't doesn't Rev as it should. If I put off the car and start again, it stops and car works fine. I'm bothered because I don't want it to happen where I will be stranded. Pls help!!!

A: The <a href='https://www.yourmechanic.com/a...

The Check Engine Light is to alert you that one of the systems on your car is having a problem. When the light is blinking the computer is trying to tell you one of its main sensors or components is failing.

There are many possibilities for the light coming on and 1000's of possible codes the computer could store. You will need to have the computer scanned to see the codes the computer has stored, and then have that codes diagnosed using a pinpoint test to identify the cause. Get in touch with a mechanic to come and test the computer for you so you will not need to worry about the car breaking down on the road somewhere.