Q: Q: RPM fluctuates and jerks

Continued from above . There is a wet black residue coming from the exhaust I've changed the usual oil filter , air filter , and fuel filter , oil and spark plugs and I've tried fuel additives to clean the engine out thinking maybe carbon deposits there is a smell of burning fuel when she's hot she's jumpy until you accelerate

My car has a manual transmission. It's a 2000 Nissan primera 1.6 petrol p11

What you are describing sounds like a dirty or faulty mass air flow sensor. The mass air flow sensor monitors air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the motor. This sensor relays vital information to the ECM which uses this to make adjustments to fuel supply to the motor. A dirty or faulty sensor can cause an imbalanced air/fuel load to be supplied to the motor which results in an over fueling or under fueling situation depending on the conditions. This type of inconsistent fuel supply to the motor may cause a hesitation, loss of power, a jerking reaction, potentially a bit of black exhaust smoke and typically a strong smell of fuel when this sensor is malfunctioning. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Q: RPM fluctuates and jerks